Privacy and your personal data
PizzaExpress (Hong Kong) Limited is committed to protecting the privacy, confidentiality and security of the personal information we hold about our users and customers by complying with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance of Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China (“Hong Kong”). We are equally committed to ensuring that all our officers, management and members of staff shall at all times respect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
What Data do we collect?
We request information from you on our website, mobile services and other channels. The type of personal information we collect (“Data”) may include but is not limited to:
- Title to be printed on your Club Card
- Club Card number
- Date of birth, to be able to credit you with Dough on your birthday
- Mailing address
- Mobile number
- Telephone number
- Email address
- Written language, restaurant and pizza preferences
- Photo identification Card when using Club Card to make redemptions
From time to time we may give you the option to provide us with information about other people in your life. We use this Data to tell you about offers that may be relevant to your friends or family members. We will never use this information to contact your friends or family members directly.
The provision of your personal data to us is voluntary. However, if you do not provide sufficient information, we may not be able to provide specific services to you.
We may also collect information relating to your online session, including but not limited to the browser type and version, operating system, the IP address, geographical location of your computer, your domain name and/or URLs, the use of which is for providing statistical information so that we can provide better services.
Our site may use a technology called “cookies” to collect information from you without your knowledge. The personal information collected may include relevant login and authentication details as well as information relating to your activities and preferences across our site. Cookies allow us to [calculate the number of people visiting our site, track users’ progress and measure users’ traffic patterns]. This will enable us to provide better services to you.
If you refuse to accept cookies by activating relevant browser settings, you may be unable to access certain parts of our site.
How do we use the Data we collect?
- To allow you to register with us and create a PizzaExpress Club account or process any products and services requests available on our Website where you choose to do so
- To notify you about changes to our service
- In accordance with your wishes as communicated to us at the point of Registration (for example: registration to our newsletter or mailing list)
- If you have given your consent at the point of Registration (for example: registration to our newsletter or mailing list), to contact you with information about products, services and special offers that you request from us, or that we feel may be of interest to you
- To ask you to participate in one of our online feedback questionnaires
- To fulfill your request when you use our online, mobile or other services
- For the operations of the PizzaExpress Club including Dough tracking, delivery of associated benefits and services, ongoing research and programme development
- For identification and verification purpose (such as in restaurants to verify redemption)
- For reference and record in connection with PizzaExpress Club membership
- For checking of your credit, payment and/or status in relation to the supply of products and services to you
- For processing of any payment instructions or credit facilities in relation to supply of products and services to you
- For the use of any of our subsidiaries, associate companies and/or business associates in connection with any of the above purposes and/or services such companies may be offering to you from time to time
We will never knowingly or intentionally use or share the Data you provided to us in ways unrelated to the purposes aforementioned.
Will your Data be disclosed?
Your Data held by us will not be disclosed or transferred to any other party but we may, where such disclosure is necessary to satisfy the purpose, or a directly related purpose, for which the Data was collected, provide such information to the following parties:
- Any of our subsidiaries, associate companies, business associates, or affiliates upon your consent
- Any person who is acting for or on behalf of us or jointly with us for administrative or other purposes deemed necessary in order to maintain or improve our services
- Government and regulatory authorities and law enforcement agencies and other organisations as required or authorised by law
How long do we retain your Data?
Your Data will be retained by us for as long as it is necessary to fulfil the original or directly related purposes for which it was collected, unless the Data are also retained in order to satisfy any applicable statutory or contractual obligations.
How can you access and correct your information?
You are entitled to access and make changes to any Data relating to you held by us.
We advise you to update the Data held by us whenever there is a change online at www.pizzaexpress.com.hk/club. To protect the privacy and security of your Data, your PizzaExpress Club username and password are required to gain access to or make changes to your personal profile.
You may request access to all your information that we collect online and maintain in our database by writing to us at the following address:
PizzaExpress Hong Kong Head Office: No.928, 9/F One Island South,2 Heung Yip Road, Wong Chuk Hang, Hong Kong
T: (852) 2123 1 083
F: (852) 2850 7848
In accordance with the terms of the Hong Kong Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, we are entitled to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
To change the email address you have used to subscribe to our newsletter please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Third-Party Web sites
Promotional Emails and Direct Marketing
The provision of your personal data is your choice, as are the types of information you would like to receive from us. When you register as a PizzaExpress Club member, you will be able to choose if you would like to receive promotional materials from us. We will occasionally send you updates about our latest products and services, as well as special offers to those who subscribe to these services.
If you would not like to receive any updates from us, please specify your choice on the registration form or on the Edit Account Information page after logging in to My Account or you may write to us at the above address to unsubscribe.