Our Green Code
Caring for the world we live in is of paramount importance at PizzaExpress, which is why we’ve introduced our very own ‘Green Code’:
- We limit the amount of single use items used for take out purchasing – of course these are all made with recyclable materials and are biodegradeable
- We aim to serve the right-size portions – in order to limit unnecessary food waste
- We avoid over-use of air conditioning in a bid to reduce energy – and we have installed energy-efficient E.P. exhaust systems for air conditioning
- All appliances and lights are switched off at night, or when not in use
- Water reduction measures are in place for dishwashers and sanitation systems
- Low-energy lighting systems are introduced in all new restaurants
- Filtered water is available to all customers
- ipad customer ordering systems and cloud-based stock control reduces need for paper
- We actively support the Green Monday campaign in Hong Kong and encourage our diners to think smart one day a week and avoid meat, in order to help protect the environment.
- For our restaurants in Hong Kong, where possible, our glass, paper and metal waste is sent to recycling, rather than to landfill
- We are working towards a food waste collection scheme with some of our shopping malls where left over food is turned into compost, or fish food
- Fresh dough left over at the end of the evening is baked into flatbreads and distributed to those in need by Feeding Hong Kong.